Check out the first place video by Josh Best!!!
To join this year's Pop & Rock Song Video Contest you will need to be a member of TNGS. To become a member, sign up via www.thenextgreatsinger.com. Sign up is free and made easy by using either your facebook, twitter, google, or yahoo accounts.
1. Choose your favorite Pop and/or Rock song from the years 1980-2011.
2. Record yourself singing using your microphone and camera. You're able to use a musical accompaniment track, play a live instrument, or sing a cappella for your performance.
3. Previously recorded videos are not accepted. This contest requires you to record a new video for this specific contest.
4. A recorded intro at the same time of the recording is mandatory. Any videos submitted without the intro will not be accepted. Your verbal intro must be a part of your originally recorded video and must be recorded at the same time you record your song. To ensure that your video is not disqualified, the judges suggest that this intro is used, "My name is (enter name) and this video is for The Next Great Singer's Pop & Rock Song Video Contest 2011."
5. Upload your video recording to The Next Great Singer using this link. Uploaded videos should be 100MB or less in .mov, .mp4, .mpg, .avi, .wmv, .3gp, and .3g2 file formats. Embedded videos from external sites (youtube, facebook, vimeo, etc..) will not be accepted for this contest.
6. Label your uploaded video: "Your Name: Pop & Rock Song Video Contest 2011". If you fail to label your video correctly it may be overlooked in the tagging process.
7. After your videos are submitted it may take up to 48 hours to be tagged. Once tagged, all contest videos can be viewed by clicking the following link: View all Pop & Rock Song Video Contest Entries by clicking here!
There is no entry limit. You can submit as many videos as you would like. Just be sure that all videos meet the above criteria.
You may submit videos until 11:59pm, Pacific Time, on Wednesday, August 31st. You may enter as many videos as you would like.
****Facebook "Likes" as well as the TNGS judging panel will decide on three winners per category. Due to the nature of this site, the number of video views will not be used for consideration. People must use the Facebook "Like" to cast their vote in support. Winners will be announced by Friday, September 9, 2011 Categories and Criteria This contest will feature one category.
Judges will look at the singers ability to "sell" the performance to the audience. Criteria includes singing ability, rhythmic flow and continuity, song choice difficulty, creativity, etc.
Be sure to check your volume levels before recording to ensure a clear recording.
***If you have won a TNGS contest before, you are eligible to participate in this contest.
***All songs for this contest must contain vocalized lyrics.
***Singers face must be shown at all times.
***Lip syncing and overdubs on prerecorded songs are prohibited. If we feel that you are lip syncing or have not followed the rules correctly, you will be contacted and asked to rerecord your video.
This contest will feature one winner. The winner will receive $75 USD via paypal plus a featured interview.
Be sure that you prepare and practice your song before you record it. After recording, review your video to ensure it is exactly how you would like it.